Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Response to Change

Have you ever changed?
My original thoughts went something along the lines of: No! Are you kidding me?! When someone "changes" that's a bad thing right? "Oh, she and I aren't really speaking anymore, she's changed, we don't really have anything in common anymore." I'm Erin. I always have been me and I always will be me. I'm the same girl with the same loves, hopes, and fears.

Have you ever stopped changing?
Wait a minute. That is a very good point. 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago, if you were to tell me I'd move to Toronto by myself to go to school without knowing anybody in a field I only learned about a few weeks before I started in it, working with the most difficult kids there are, I would have laughed in your face. At the same time as I've always remained me, my definition of "me" has been constantly changing. I am ever evolving and growing with each new experience.


Maybe what's never changed is the fact that I am constantly changing?

No comments: