Friday, January 23, 2009

Baking With Erin

Tonight I decided to break out my new cookbook (got it for Christmas) and do some baking. I wanted chocolate, and had the right ingredients, so I decided to make brownies. Unfortunately, I did not think that maybe the dish I had was not actually a 9 inch pan, like the called for, but in fact much smaller. All of the mix fit, so I figured that I was good to go. This nearly turned into a giant brownie FAIL when I realized that the insides were still gooey but the outsides were done. I decided to take my chances in hope that the mix would solidify as it cooled...

It didn't, but I decided to try it out anyways...


And it turned out to be a GIANT BROWNIE WIN! Like brownie pudding or a molten lava cake! I may or may not have gone back for seconds...

So, ladies and gentlemen, the lesson for today is don't bother measuring your pans, because way too thick brownies turn into amazing brownie pudding cake!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that!!! I'm such a fan of the test kitchen :)

Kern said...

Did you use egg, cause that could spell disaster in the gooey parts haha. Go you adventurous chef you.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

EP said...

I love, love, love molten lava cakes! So good!