Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Do DMB Fans Have a Nickname? I am SUCH a Dave-head


The Dave Matthews Band announced their spring tour dates yesterday, unfortunately, none being closer to me than New York (believe me, I'm still considering it). With that e-mail, they also announced that their new studio album (it's been since Stand Up in 2005) will be released on April 14, 2009. I CANNOT WAIT! Expect me to be at the store to buy it the day it is released. I don't buy many CDs nowadays, the exception being new releases from my all-time fave bands, DMB being top of that list.
I expect it to be a different sound, with the loss of LeRoi Moore this summer. Dave also Twittered that they were considering not using any of the new songs that they had been playing on tour the past few years, using new brand new songs for the album instead. Either way, I am pumped for some new DMB music. Although I have been a fan for many years, I do not join the ranks of the veteran fans that adore old DMB and hate on everything new that comes from them. Dave, I know I will love whatever comes out of your mouth and into my ears, so no need to worry.
Now I just have to wait... April 14th can hurry on up and get here!

See the announcement here.

No comments: