Saturday, August 30, 2008

I Don't Like the Word "Meme"...

My goodness, this took longer to type up than I expected. Some interesting tidbits about me in it though.


A: Attached or Single? Oh so single... for oh such a long time. It's to the point where I know own a cat and consider myself borderline crazy cat lady.

B. Best Friend? I have quite a few really close friends... Jim and I have been "best friends" for the longest, but then there are Mel, Stace, Sarah, Jessica, my sisters, and newest of all, Sam.

C: Cake or pie? It depends, is it chocolate pie? Because if it is, then my answer is pie - but I don't like other types of pie really so otherwise my answer is cake. Chocolate cheese cake!

D: Day of choice? During the summer, it was the last day of my camp block. This upcoming semester, it will most likely be Thursday or Friday, but it's hard to tell. It varies depending on what I am doing that semester.

E: Essential Item? I am crazy-dependent on my electronics, so perhaps my computer, or ipod, or cell phone.

F: Favorite color? Green!!!

G: Gummy bears or worms? Worms, especially if they're sour. Sour gummies are pretty much the best thing ever, no matter what form they come in.

H: Hometown? Beautiful Wallaceburg.

I: Favorite indulgence? Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich with bacon. Seriously. If I could only have one food for the rest of my life, that's it.

J: January or July? July!! Beautiful warm summer days and warm starry night trumps freezing, gray, and snowy any day.

K: Kids? Undecided. I plan to work with kids for a living, so why bother having my own when others will pay me to take care of theirs? For now, I have Thunder Kitty, who is about as much work to care for as a child is.

L: Life isn't complete without? Thunder Kitty, family, and friends.

M: Marriage date? Probably a loooong time in the future. But when it comes, it'll be in the summer.

N: Number of brothers and sisters? Two little sisters, no brothers.

O: Oranges or apples? Orange juice over apple juice. But apples themselves over oranges.

P: Phobias? Does Generalized Anxiety Disorder count as a phobia? Lots of things I'm afraid of... mostly change.

Q: Quotes? So many...

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi

"Whatever tears at us, whatever holds us down, and if nothing can be done, we'll make the best of what's around." - Dave Matthews Band

"Anything worth having is never easy, the pain is only a sign, if you can just push through and make it out of bed, everything will be fine." - Craig Cardiff

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

"To change the world, Start with one step, However small, The first step is hardest of all." - Dave Matthews Band

R: Reasons to Smile? I'm on holidays, relaxing at my parents house, we're having an 80th birthday party for my Grandma tomorrow, I'm starting a brand new placement on Monday and feeling good about it, my kitten makes me happy, and I have a fantastic family and wonderful friends.

S: Season of choice? Well, I like any season other than winter, really. But most specifically the end of summer and beginning of fall.

T: Tag 5 People: Tagging seems like it belongs on Facebook and not on my blog.

U: Unknown fact? I've been thinking about getting a tattoo, but I'm not sure if I can handle making a commitment like that. Interesting, because as a teen I was so against tattoos for so long. Why the change? I'm not really certain. I think I like the self-expression aspect.

V: Vegetable? I don't like most vegetables. I'm what they call a meatatarian. Here are the veggies I do like: carrots, celery, potatoes, corn on the cob.

W: Worst habit? Biting my nails, procrastinating, stress eating.

X: X-ray or Ultrasound? I thought they were used for different things? I'm not sure if I've ever had an ultrasound, maybe when I was 3 and having my kidney surgery. I've for sure had x-rays, when I broke my finger and probably some surgery-related too.

Y: Your favorite food? Again, the Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich with bacon. Oh man.

Z: Zodiac Sign? Libra.

Here's what Daily Horoscopes says about Libras:

"Libra Personality Traits
Librans do not like to hurt anyone and will work as hard as they can in a diplomatic way to keep this from happening. Because of this they can be seen as indecisive. And sometimes they are. This is one of their worst traits. Librans find their best work at anything creative and they don’t lack physical or emotional energy. They generally appear to be relaxed when in fac t, they are constantly thinking about their next project and ready to get to it. These wonderful people loathe loneliness and are happiest when they have a companion to share in all they do. They need romantic relationships and want to give whatever the love of their life wants. Although they are peace-loving people, Librans have been known to start arguments with their partners just to be able to figure out whether they are really loved or not. Extremely generous to the extremes, Librans need to be aware why they love to give. They are charming and most often very beautiful people who are used to people noticing them. Librans value fairness above all else. And they expect others to feel the same way.
If they have a fault or two, it could be that they give in to others too easily. They do this even when they know that they are right just to prevent upset. And another small fault may be that they sometimes develop a tenden cy towards procrastination especially when they have to make a decision about a loved one."

No comments: